Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Follow Up: Otsego County airplane Crash


GAYLORD -- It's a mystery investigators are trying to piece collectively. Why did a single-engine airplane, with two people on board, suddenly fall from the sky?

The accident, which happened approximately 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in Otsego region, took the lives of Dr. Patrick McNamara, 52, and Christopher Hasty, 32, both of Gaylord.

It made a few circles, I just thought they lived there and they were looking at their house or playing around or looking at the leaves it wasn't until I got closer that I realized the airplane was coming down, said Kathy Steinbrecher who was on her way home when the air crash occurred.

Witnesses told troopers the Aeronca brand aircraft had been flying in circles at a low altitude just before crashing on the shoulder of southbound I-75 in Otsego region
Steinbrecher along with two off-duty Michigan State Police troopers and other samaritans tried to do what they could until help arrived.

I held his hand and I waited and I kept telling him to don't go to sleep and I kept saying I won't leave you, public are on the way, just breathing, just breath, Steinbrecher said.

While they, and liberate crews, did what they could McNamara and quick lasted died from their injuries.


No comments:

Post a Comment